Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Update: My vegetarian Lifestyle! ♡

Hey little faeries! ♡

End of January this year I wrote you a post about my vegetarian/pescetarian lifestyle in which I explained what I eat and what I avoid.
If you missed it or wanna re-read it, klink this link My vegetarian Lifestyle

After that, I had my so called "semi-vegan February" where I tried to eat vegan for the simple reason to feel better with my body.
(Semi-vegan for February)


In that "vegan-month" I learned to  love cooking and food even more than I already did before. I became much more creative and really appreciated the feeling the "clean foods"/vegetables and stuff gave me due that time.
(you can also re-read my conclusion about my experiences)

Since then, I tried to have more clean and vegan meals and so my eating habbits changed a little more!


It is very hard to think about all the things, so I may forgot something, but I tried my best!

As for food:
♡ still eat fish from time to time but it got a lot less!;  but I still call myself 'pescetarian' more often than saying 'vegetarian'; when I eat fish, I mostly  eat salmon or prawns if I do

× obviously I don't eat meat

♡ I do eat several meat substitutes (I may do a post about them)

♡ I do eat eggs

~ I do drink even less cow milk than before, but I still eat things, which include milk

~ as for my cheese addiction: I replaced most of my cheese slices for breakfast aswell as the cheese I put on my pizza and pasta with vegan cheese substitutes; I'm only eating real cheese as a snack now

× I try to avoid sweets with animal gelatin in it

~ I don't drink many juices, but I try to avoid drinking those cleared with gelatin. But when I really want to try something, I'd still drink it when gelatin is in it

♡ I do love Tofu! But unfortunately I don't eat it that often.. but I try!

♡ I eat honey, and always will since honey is one of the most healthiest things in this world


As for clothes and cosmetics:
× when I shop for cosmetics, I only buy from companies that claim to be cruelty free (all cosmetic products I still have from former times, I use up, and replace them with cruelty free ones, when I have to buy something)

~ when I buy new cosmetics when I used up my stuff, I try out products, that are vegan

♡ I do have some more apps, to get an overview about products that are cruelty free


♡ my hair dresser is a flagship salon of Paul Mitchell (which is a cruelty free brand)

× I don't buy clothes which include sheep wool or angora 

×  in winter, I also don't buy coats/jackets with any sort of fur trim, since there was the scandal about several animal hair types claimed to be fake fur; also I look for ones without down feathers


Others:
~ I may have taken or currently take medicine which may be tested on animals, but my point of view is: I could have died already without medicine, so I try to help stop animal cruelty due my lifetime, which is given to me du those medicines


There are many other things in life, which can be replaced with a vegetarian/cruelty free alternative, such as pillows, furniture, household cleansers, and all those household things in general. But I'm not at this point in life yet, cause I still live with my parents and they won't change a thing for that ~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



♡ = I do eat/use/like/support  
~ = use sometimes/trying to avoid, but not fighting for it/I'm in conflict 
× = I don't use/eat/like/support


Some awesome YouTubers all around the theme of vegan lifestyle are Morgan JoyceCruelty Free QT's (Morgan Joyce and her mother)
Nicole GreenleafIra Vampira (german) Jess Vegan Lifestyle (geman) and sooo many more cute people!

I feel good the way I chose to live! 
Do what makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment